Friday, August 21, 2009

Resisting Temptation

No less than 4 weeks ago, I'm sure the words, "I have no willpower when it comes to food," came out of my mouth.
A major part of FXB is the diet. It's not a terrible diet, mostly just eating healthily, balancing carbs/proteins/fats and cutting out the bad stuff (read: sugar, alcohol, simple carbs, all the things I love in this world, etc.). The only thing that keeps me committed to this diet is that each week; we get a FREE day! Absolutely-whatever-we-want-no-holds-barred, FREE! However, the rule is that if you mess up during the week, you're not supposed to take your free day. I am proud to say that I have done really well; almost perfectly.
And then, it happened. As I was driving home from work this evening, there were people with posters standing outside a nearby strip mall. When I read the posters, I saw:

Free ice cream sandwiches!!

My thoughts during the next 3 milliseconds:
Stupid FXB! I looooove ice cream and free! Oh well, ice cream sandwiches are probably my least favorite ice cream option. I can handle...WAIT A TIC, KELLY; that sign said:

FREE ice cream SUNDAES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN! That could mean any number of things - whipped cream, maraschino cherries, delicious melty vanilla ice cream, caramel syrup and (oh.my.god.) hot fudge.

It took everything I could to keep driving past the strip mall. All I could think was that my free day officially starts in 6 hours; I can fudge (mmmm, fudge) a little. But somehow, I kept driving. By the time I got onto my block, my arms were shaking and my breathing was shallow. Once I made it into the driveway I would be safe. Yes, I did consider driving past my house and going back.

But I didn't. I'll wait until tomorrow. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment